If your kids are anything like mine then as soon as they are home from school they are looking for snacks. It is a tricky time to feed children, they need something to tide them over until dinner, but giving them too much may impact their appetite. I always try to give a fruit or vegetable and a protein. Here is a list of kid approved snacks:
- smoothies: frozen fruit, half a banana, any type of milk, yogurt and a handful of spinach.
- banana split: cut a banana in half lengthwise, cover with yogurt and top with berries and nuts.
- ants on a wheel: thinly slice an apple, spread slices with nut butter and top with raisins. (sometimes we also add some chocolate chips)
- energy bites: our new favourite recipe is from @thelemonbowl
- home-made snack mix: pretzels, raisins, chocolate chips, Chex cereal and goldfish crackers. (this is also a great snack to send to school)
- cheese and crackers