Meal updates from last week:
All of the recipes from last week turned out well. The lasagne soup is still a household hit, and tastes even better the next day. The teriyaki bowl was very flavourful adding the grilled pineapple gives it a sweetness that goes well with the sauce. The turkey burgers were also very tasty. My son and husband had theirs on buns, I ate mine over a bed of bib lettuce topped with tzatziki and kalamata olives.
This week we will be eating at home Monday to Thursday and then heading to the mountains for the weekend. I will be packing my crock pot in the car and taking our Friday night meal on the road to eat when we arrive. I have been following Cooking Light on Instagram and have been very impressed with their recipe ideas. I spent some time this week going over recipes on their website, and will be trying a few to see how they taste.
- Chicken gyros bowls from @cookinglight I will be serving this over brown rice and not adding the kale.
- Sheetpan meatloaf dinner from @cookinglight (we are a huge fan of matloaf so it will be interesting to see what we think about this recipe)
- Skillet turkey pot pie from @tasteandtell (I have made this recipe several times and it is very delicious. For the biscuits the recipe calls for 1/3 cup of buttermilk. I have never found that this is enough, so I always add double so that the dough is wet and not too dry)
- My boys will be eating fried egg sandwiches for dinner, as I will be out for dinner Thursday.
- Slow cooker bbq pulled chicken from @skinnytaste (this recipe is from her fast and slow cookbook, and cannot be found on her website. You can find the recipe from dineanddish.com)
Breakfast this week will be cereal and overnight oats. If you don’t usually use almond milk in your oats then this week give it a try. I also enjoy coconut yogurt instead of plain, and use frozen berries instead of fresh. For snack I am going to give these peanut butter pretzel energy bites a try from @pinchofyum. I love the idea of peanut butter and pretzels together!
Save yourself some time by printing the dinner-list-4