Meal updates from last week:
The shepherd’s pie was delicious as usual, and would be a great recipe to serve for St. Patrick’s Days this Friday. I was not overly impressed with the chicken parmesan crock pot soup. I found that it lacked flavour, my husband said that it was a good leftover as the flavour was better the next day. My son loved the grilled cheese rollups! This recipe is a mixture between grilled cheese and pizza, so how could a child not love them. The chicken tacos were good, I think that the mango slaw was the best part.
This week we will be eating at home Sunday-Thursday. After a week of below average temperatures it looks like the deep freeze is over! I will be using the bbq for two of our meals. We will most likely go out for dinner Friday and then have a simple dinner Saturday. Tonight the littles will have breakfast for dinner, and then my husband and I will have a charcuterie board after bedtime.
- Turkey pesto meatballs from @weelicious as I said before these are amazing! I will serve there with a salad and cheese bread.
- Roasted sausage and potato supper from dailymail.co.uk we have had this sheet-pan dinner a few times and it was very good. No need for a side dish as this meal has potatoes, peppers and onions.
- Thai peanut beef from @damn_delicious this will be paired with steamed rice and broccoli.
- Greek-style chicken burgers from @tasteofhome we will have Alexia’s waffle fries and raw veggies with our burgers.
- Gilled chicken and quinoa bowls with avocado salsa from @cookingclassy I will be substituting brown rice for quinoa, and will use chick peas instead of black beans.
For breakfast and snacks this week I will be making two recipes that can be eaten for either meal. Using the frozen power fruit mix from Superstore (cherries, blackberries and blueberries) I will make mixed berry and coconut muffins. These are a perfect addition to any lunch box as it is nut free. For an easy on the go breakfast give these mini ham and cheese quinoa cups a try! Currently, we are out of protein balls so I will be making some this week. I will post the recipe after they are made. Don’t forget to print the Dinner List 7 for ease at the grocery store.
Stay tuned for: St. Patrick’s Day recipes and Leprechaun bait (also known as popcorn balls).