Heading into the summer months it is nice to make a meal that doesn’t involve turning on the stove or oven. Enter the dinner salad. Now, you may be thinking that greens will not make you feel full or even satisfied, but I beg to differ. Topping your salad with a protein, either chicken, fish, tofu or cheese will turn your usual lunch meal into dinner. I find feeding children salad, or maybe just lettuce very challenging. My son still will not eat lettuce. He will however eat all of the salad components, just on a plate minus the greens. Below I am sharing some of my favourite dinner salad recipes:
- Greek pasta salad with red wine vinaigrette from @justataste I serve this with barbecued chicken.
- Broccoli salad with apples and walnuts from @natashaskitchen I also serve this with barbecued chicken.
- Thai cashew coconut rice with ginger peanut dressing from @hostthetoast this is one of my all time favourites! No meat needed for this dish, you will be satisfied by the addition of coconut rice.
- Buffalo chicken salad with creamy avocado ranch from @smellslikehomeblog the dressing for this salad is amazing!
- BBQ chicken Cobb salad with cilantro lime ranch from @closetcooking this is another one of my favourites.
- Chopped chicken taco salad from @howsweeteats
- Greek chicken souvlaki salad from @lemosforlulu another amazing dressing.
- Kale salad with warm cranberry vinaigrette from @gimmesomeoven this salad is delicious, but it does need the addition of a protein to make it a meal.
- Autumn chopped salad from @madisonmhofmeyer this a great Fall salad, but does need a protein to make it dinner worthy.
- Thai chicken salad with spicy peanut sauce from @mykitchenescapade
- Antipasti salad with bocconcini and green-olive tapenade from @foodandwine this is a recipe that I will be trying for the first time tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes.