Meal updates from last week:
Grilled pizza may be my new favourite thing! The smoky flavour that the grill gives the crust and cheese is amazing. We really enjoyed the kebabs, next time I would not use oranges as they all fell off the skewers. The pulled chicken was also very good, and made even better when paired with the apple slaw.
This week we will be eating at home Monday-Friday. My boys are heading out-of-town for the weekend so it will just be the little and I for Canada Day. It is also the last week of school! I cannot wait for some lazy days with my kids.
- Turkey burgers with crunch salad from @cookinglight. When I make turkey burgers I simply combine: ground turkey, 1/2 cup of panko, 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard, 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese and s & p to taste. Mix ingredients together form into patties and then refrigerate before grilling. This helps the patties stay together on the grill.
- Burger patty salad from @cookinglight this is a new recipe that I have never tried before. My kids won’t eat lettuce so I will serve them the patties with some veggies.
- classy chicken from The Best of Bridge this, as stated many times before is a family favourite and we haven’t had it in a long time. I serve this casserole with egg noodles, but it could also be served over rice.
- Pork souvlaki with lemon rice from @foodiecrush I love Greek flavours so I am sure that this will be a hit.
- Chopped salad pizza from @pinchofyum I have been dying to try this recipe!
We are on the home stretch for early mornings and lunch boxes. I have to say that I cannot wait for a break from making school lunch. Last week the kids ate some of the left over waffles from Father’s Day as well as toast. For me this week I will stick with the overnight oats and maybe some berries and yogurt. I made the chocolate zucchini muffins last week and they were a hit! Find the recipe on last week’s menu. I also managed to make some breakfast cookies (see Instagram for the recipe). I do not have any snack plans for this week. I am dying to try this dessert I would try to make this into a pie not bars. These cones look amazing! Although school is almost out, I will give these a try in September. Print the Dinner List 18 for your trip to the store.