Meal updates from last week:
The BLT salad is always a hit in our house. I changed it up a little this time and served some BBQ sausage with the salad. We loved the apricot pork! It was very simple but full of flavour. My son’s piñata cake was amazing! It turned out better than I could have ever expected. You can see a picture of the cake on my Instagram (three_plates_full)
This week we will be eating at home Sunday-Thursday, Friday we may go out for dinner or have takeout. My son is at camp all week, so I will be sending snacks with him to enjoy throughout his day.
- Buffalo turkey burgers from @wearychef I will serve these with corn on the cob and raw veggies with dip.
- Sweet-and-sour sesame bok choy with pork from @cookinglight this is a new recipe and I think that it sounds delicious!
- Turkey pesto meatballs from @weelicious this is a family favourite! These meatballs freeze extremely well, so double the recipe and freeze half for later.
- Sausage, potato and green bean foil packets from @damndelicious I will be using garden beans and potatoes in these packs.
- Mediterranean grilled chicken with dill greek yogurt sauce from @themediterraneandish we will have this with a simple cucumber and tomato salad.
There has been a lot of toast and cereal eaten in the last week. This week I am going to try to bake some muffins, but it all depends on the temperature outside. I did find this pancake recipe that looks very interesting! My dad picked a large bag of Saskatoon berries last week, which I will be making into a pie. I already have pie dough in my fridge. Find the perfect dough recipe on an earlier post. I will be using a pie recipe from my grandma, which I will post later in the week. I have yet to try out another popsicle recipe, but I found this one that looks simple and delicious. Don’t forget Dinner List 21 for ease when shopping.