Meal updates from last week:
All of the recipes that we ate from America’s Test Kitchen were very good. Our favourite recipes were: pork stir fry and turkey meatballs with rice. We ate the pork with chow mein noodles, which were a great accompaniment to the pork and sauce. The lemon turkey meatballs were delicious, I added some arugula to the skillet just to give it some colour. I’m going to start visiting their website to see what other recipes I can find. I also made these muffins, these muffins are not very sweet, but the addition of the chocolate chips gives it that little extra that you need.
This week we are off on a family vacation! We cannot wait to spend some down time together. Although there will be some cooking, we will be enjoying some meals out as well. With this in mind I am going to share with you some of my favourite soups and stews:
- Broccoli and cheese soup from Peas & Crayons
- Roasted broccoli and cauliflower soup from @simply_scratch this is slightly different from the recipe above as the veggies are roasted.
- Tuscan chicken stew from @denise_sweetpeasandsaffron this is a great slow cooker recipe.
- Thai chicken and wild rice soup from @denise_sweetpeasandsaffron I have shared this recipe before, this is a family favourite!
- Lasagne soup from @farmgirlsdabble this is another soup that is loved in our house.
- Italian chicken and autumn veggie soup from @acozyapron
- Sweet potato and quinoa turkey chili from @iowagirleats I know that this isn’t a soup or stew, however this is a great recipe!
- Mini meatball minestrone from @cookinglight
- Mexican chicken soup from @inagarten this is the best tortilla soup that I have ever made!
- Hamburger soup from The Best of Bridge, I have shared this recipe with you many times. It makes a lot of soup, I don’t make the whole recipe as it makes way too much! Divide all ingredients by half and you will still have leftovers.
- Ginger peanut soup this recipe is from a cookbook my mom bought a long time ago in Victoria. This soup is best served with warm naan bread.