Meal updates from last week:
I had good intentions to cook five new recipes last week, but only managed to cook two and added a family favourite into the mix. I made the pork with green sauce as well as the lightened up spaghetti and meatballs. We also had classy chicken the night we arrived home from holiday. That means that there were three recipes that remain untested. I may find time to add them in the next few weeks. I will let you know when I try them.
This week we will be eating at home Sunday-Thursday, there are no plans for dinner Friday, and then Saturday we will be eating out. With Tuesday being Halloween, I am keeping dinner simple and healthy. It looks as if winter is heading our way later this week, so I am going to make soup for one meal so that we have some leftovers for lunch.
- Slow-cooker creamy chicken and mushroom pot pie from @realsimple I have made this recipe before and it was a hit. I do not use the peas as they are not liked in our house. I also do not use frozen beans, instead I buy fresh, steam them and then add them to the pot right before serving. I know that the recipe title is pot pie, but it is more like a stew with a puff pastry top.
- Oven baked panko parmesan turkey fingers from granny.ca these will be served with green beans and carrots. For the adults I am adding a citrus salad inspired by this recipe, but I am going to use bib lettuce instead of kale.
- Pizza mummies from @weelicious as it is Halloween I thought that we would have a bit of a theme dinner. The kids will have either ham or salami, the adults will get peppers and mushrooms added to their meat. We will eat this with a caesar salad.
- Three potato soup from @gimmesomeoven we will have bread with the soup for dipping.
- Pork tenderloin with mushrooms, fennel and blue cheese from @cookinglight I will omit the blue cheese for the kids meals and will serve theirs with some egg noodles. I don’t usually cook with fennel so I am interested to see how these flavours come together.
My son is currently loving pumpkin scones, so I am going to try to make him some this week. I have been looking at different recipes but haven’t really found the ‘one’. I will share it when I find it. This week I am also going to cook some freezer meals with my sister-in law so that she is fully stocked when baby arrives. I am working on my list of freezer meals and will post the complete list with recipes when it is done. If you have an absolute favourite freezer meal please let me know! Print Dinner List 32 to help with your grocery shopping.