Meal updates from last week:
Our favourite meals from last week were the steak fajitas and the rice casserole. If I am being honest, my son hated the rice casserole but everyone else loved it. I ended up using mild Italian sausage and it tasted great. The fajitas had great flavour and were so easy to make using the grill.
This week is going to be a busy one! We will be eating at home Sunday-Friday. Saturday night we will be at friends and then we are hosting Christmas Eve at our place. My holiday baking is almost over, I do need to finish making some icing for my gingerbread cookies.
- Hamburger soup from The Best of Bridge served with buns.
- Thai turkey lettuce cups from @cookinglight I am not sure how the kids will like these, but I’m hoping if they don’t want the lettuce then they will eat the filling and the veggies. I may also supplement the cups with some steamed rice just to give the meal more substance.
- Spinach and ricotta stuffed shells from @forkknifeswoon we will eat this with a caesar salad and fresh bread.
- Coq au Riesling from @halfbakedharvest as this meal includes vegetables we will only eat this.
- Pork Milanese with kale salad from @cookinglight I am not going to make the kale salad with this, but instead will serve this with a steamed green vegetable.
- Mexican haystack rice bowls from @togetherasafamilyblog we are hosting friends with kids and decorating gingerbread houses. I needed a meal that was flexible with kids and adults and I think that this one will work out well.
I am bringing an appetizer to friends on Saturday night, I have decided to make these potatoes. They sound like a great one-bite starter and will go well with the chili that is being served for dinner. Christmas Eve is going to be very casual and filled with family. We are going to start in the late afternoon so that the kids can get to bed before Santa arrives! I have ordered a large charcuterie platter that I am going to serve alongside meatballs, caesar salad and a baguette. Christmas morning will also be very casual, we will be having gingerbread cinnamon rolls with fresh fruit before we head out-of-town to visit family. Although I claim that my holiday baking is finished my good friend shared a Swiss Mountain Shortbread recipe that sounds amazing! I have decided to bake them and send them to work with my husband as a treat for the staff. I will not be adding my weekly grocery list as it is way too long! I will continue as usual after the holidays. We are heading out-of-town, so stay tuned for some healthy menus to kick-start your new year!
Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas,