Meal updates from last week:
The blackened salmon was my absolute favourite from last week! My husband said that it was the best salmon I had ever made for him. The cashew chicken was also a big hit, and it made delicious leftovers. When I made the chicken caesar lettuce wraps I made the decision to make it into a salad instead of lettuce wraps. Either way you serve them they are delish.
This week we are eating at home Sunday-Thursday, we don’t have any plans for Friday and then we are heading out to celebrate a birthday on Saturday night. Tonight we hosted friends and their kids for a skating party followed by an early dinner. It was so much fun! We all enjoyed getting outside for some fresh air and sunshine. I made the main for dinner and then the others contributed appies, salad and buns.
- Chili mac and cheese from @recipe_tin we ate this with a salad and buns. For dessert I served cookie ice cream sandwiches. They had a choice of double chocolate, monster or chocolate chip. I filled them with vanilla ice cream and they were devoured.
- BBQ sausage with baked beans and coleslaw. The weather is supposed to be beautiful, so I must fire up the grill!
- Greek salmon bowls from @cookinglight my kids have been loving salmon these days, and I love any one bowl meal!
- Turkey meatloaf with ketchup-brown sugar glaze from @cooksillustrated we will eat this with green beans and asparagus. To access this recipe you will need to go through Cooks Illustrated instagram account, if not then you need to sign up on their website for the 14 day trial.
- Sweet potato fajitas from @thefitchen I am a little sceptical about serving this meatless meal, but here’s to hoping that it is well received.
I had time last week to make some healthy cookies. The ingredients were: bananas, applesauce, oats, almond milk, raisins, chocolate chips and cinnamon. They were a great lunch box and after school snack. Find a similar breakfast cookie recipe here. Print Dinner List 89 so grocery shopping is easier.