Meal updates form last week:
There was a lot of eating out and meals on the fly last week as we had many different plans. I really liked the spanakopita meatballs, I ended up making them into patties as I didn’t feel like making little meatballs. I served these over a simple Greek salad with greens and tzatziki. Other meals last week were simple and easy to prepare as well as many dinners out. I am happy that this week is a little calmer and there will be more home cooked meals.
We are eating at home this week Sunday-Thursday, I had all intentions of making dinner tonight but we were invited to my parents for cabbage rolls, which is not a meal that I can pass up! They were amazing as usual. For the rest of the week we will be eating in and then the weekend is filled with birthday celebrations for my son and father.
- Saucy pineapple bbq chicken bowls from @halfbakedharvest I made these Sunday night and they were delicious. I used the slow cooker method, but there are options to use the stove and an instant pot.
- Shrimp pad Thai from @foodandwine I’ve never made this for the kids so I am interested to see if they like it?
- Turkey meatloaf from @andiemmitchell I will serve this with mashed potatoes and steamed beans.
- Lemon parmesan salmon with corn, tomato and avocado salad from @halfbakedharvest the corn has been so good lately, so I think that the salad will be delish.
- Orecchiette with sausage and broccoli from @onceuponachef love a one bowl meal!
The only baking I will be doing this week is a birthday cake for my son. He has asked for a dog cake! As usual I will be using my go-to chocolate cake recipe with pudding frosting from @thelittlekitchen. I will also be making a lemon bundt cake for my dad’s birthday, this recipe was in my gramma’s recipe box and I will post a copy later this week.