Meal updates from last week:
All the meals from last week were great. Everyone loved the chicken and tortellini soup, and it made for great leftovers. The salmon was amazing and it paired so well with a simple green salad. The fall salad with roasted sweet potatoes was so delicious! It would be a great salad to prep on the weekend and then eat for lunch during the week. The kids loved eating the jack-o-lantern quesadillas before going trick or treating.
This week is a busy one, my son has basketball twice, and we are celebrating two birthdays. We will be eating at home Sunday-Thursday, not sure what we are doing Friday and heading to friends on Saturday.
- Garlic beef and broccoli lo mein from @therecipecritic we ate this tonight and it was so good. I couldn’t find any lo mein noodles today, so I used linguine instead. I added some green beans and we topped ours with sriracha.
- Mediterranean salmon from @theraostedroot we will eat this with some roasted broccoli and potatoes I will make a simple dressing and toss it to coat. I am inspired by a recipe I have already made from Epicurious.
- Asian ground turkey and rice from @philiakelnhofer another recipe for a one bowl meal.
- Zuppa Toscana from @foodnetwork I will serve this with some bread for dipping.
- Caprese chicken from @themediterraneandish we will eat this with a caesar salad and some simple pasta with butter and parmesan.
I never got the chance to bake last week, and don’t think that I will have the chance this week either. I have been craving granola and homemade is much better than store bought. I also need to start thinking about my holiday baking and gift giving, I’ve been skimming through some of the holiday baking magazines for new cookie ideas. Shop with ease using the grocery list 111.