Meal updates from last week:
My husband and I loved the pork chops with mushrooms, I wasn’t sure when I was reading the recipe if a sauce made with coconut milk was going to go well with mushrooms, but it was so delicious. My kids aren’t huge fans of mushrooms, but they ate the pork with rice. We also enjoyed the Korean beef, I made the cauliflower rice in the skillet and added mushrooms, snap peas and spinach, they were the perfect addition to the bowl. My kids devoured the chocolate chunk banana olive oil cake! I will be making this again very soon. I also made them a peanut butter banana smoothie one day after school, I added three pitted dates, one frozen banana, soy milk and a couple tablespoons of peanut butter, and let me tell you it tasted like dessert! We went to friends for dinner on Saturday and I made a small snack platter for the kids and goat cheese stuffed bacon wrapped dates with rosemary honey, a very simple but delicious recipe.
This week is a full one, and my husband is heading out of town. Kids continue their two activities each and then we will try to ski on Sunday as we did today. We will be eating at home Sunday-Thursday, we don’t really have weekend plans, possibly a date night with my husband.
- Slow cooker Thai chicken and wild rice soup from @sweepeasandsaffron this was a set it and forget it meal. I put everything into the slow cooker this morning before leaving for skiing, when we arrived home this afternoon it was cooked and ready to eat!
- BBQ mild Italian sausage with oven roasted veggies and waffle fries. Our cold weather has broken and I am excited to shovel off the BBQ and cook some dinner. I have a head of cauliflower leftover from last week that I will roast with a couple other veggies, and serve them alongside sausage and fries.
- Crispy tofu bowl from @fraicheliving this will be a big stretch for my kids, but I am hoping that at least exposing them to a meat alternative will be a positive experience?! I have no idea, but I am really excited to try this recipe.
- Sloppy joe tacos from @gimmesomeoven I have shred this recipe before, it is simple and tasty. Kids will eat theirs in hard shells and I will eat mine as a salad.\
- Greek lemon roasted chicken thighs from @lemonblossomsblog I will serve this with a simple salad and some parmesan pasta for the kids.
I don’t have any plans to bake this week, although my freezer is still full of brown bananas! We will see if I find the time. Grocery list 117