Meal updates from last week:
We loved the citrus stir fry and the lasagne spaghetti squash. The turkey tacos were gobbled up and I made a similar recipe to the harvest cobb. As I mentioned, I will share my spaghetti squash recipe with you, I used two smaller squash for this recipe.
Lasagne Spaghetti Squash
- 2 small spaghetti squash, seeds removed and cooked in the microwave until fork tender
- Mild Italian sausage broken up and browned
- Pasta sauce, I used one that I got from Lina’s Italian Market
- Parmesan cheese and mozzarella
- 1 egg
- Italian seasoning
Precook the squash in the microwave by cutting in half, removing the seeds and placing it in a dish with a small amount of water. Heat your oven to 350. Mix 2 cups of ricotta with one egg and 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, season with salt and pepper and a tsp. of Italian seasoning. Brown the sausage and then once cooked add a jar of pasta sauce, simmer until the squash is cooked and ready for the oven. Once squash has cooked empty the remaining water from dish. Add a quarter of the ricotta mixture to each of the squash halves, then top with a quarter of the sausage and sauce, finally add a handful of mozzarella cheese. Bake in the oven until golden brown. I didn’t add any veggie to the sausage and sauce, but possibilities are endless, you could also saute some onion and garlic along with the meat. If you try this recipe let me know how it turns out.
This weekend we went to The Nash on Friday night and then ordered Vietnamese on Saturday. The food and atmosphere at the Nash was wonderful, we shared mussels and frites, and then I had a kale salad and scallops. My husband and kids had burgers. For dessert I had an amazing lemon thyme tart. This weekend I made nuts and bolts as well as ginger molasses cookies, care packages are ready to head to Saskatchewan! When I make nuts and bolts I add: Shreddies, Chex, Pretzels, Cheerios, peanuts, cheese its and this year I added Crispix instead of bugles. They turned out really well!
This week we will eat at home Sunday-Thursday, the boys are off to hunt this weekend and the girls will be staying at home. We don’t have weekend plans, but are thinking of taking a road trip.
- Shake & bake drumsticks, mashed potatoes and coleslaw with apples.
- Ginger peanut soup from @fooddotcom this is amazing soup. I use a slightly different recipe that my mom shared with me years ago, I also like to blend half of the soup to make it creamier.
- Chicken satay bowls from @breehester I always love a good one bowl dinner
- Cheeseburger helper from @iowagirleats I have made this recipe before and its a great one pot dinner.
- BLT or BLAT sandwiches for the boys as they will be on the road, I will have my favourite BLT salad from @marthastewart
This week I am going to bake some banana muffins, I took the bananas out this morning and will bake tomorrow. I am still planning more of my holiday baking, I froze half of the ginger cookies and decided that I will make the white chocolate peppermint popcorn. I haven’t finalized my other cookies, but when I do I will be sure to share. Grocery list 21 34 makes grocery shopping much easier!