So sorry for the late post. We were so busy last week!
Meal updates from last week:
The best things that we ate last week were the foil packets and the lasagna soup. The foil packets were so easy to make and full of great flavours. We didn’t end up eating the BLT salad, so we will carry it over to this week.
This is an exciting week as my son is turning 7! He has requested a family favourite for his Birthday dinner.
- BLT salad from @marthastewart we will be starting this week with a recipe from last week that we did not eat.
- Apricot-glazed pork kebabs from @cookinglight I will serve this with green beans from the garden and brown rice.
- Classy chicken casserole from The Best of Bridge, this is what my son has requested for his Birthday dinner. We will eat this with egg noodles and a side salad.
- Rainbow Thai basil noodle salad from @halfbakedharvest this is a new recipe for me and I am not the best with rice noodles. Fingers crossed that I can make them work!
- BBQ chicken quinoa salad from @whatsgabycooking I am going to swap the quinoa for brown rice as it is more popular with my kids.
We are going to take a break from pancakes this week and get back into cereal, cold oats and toast. I have a few bananas that need to be used, so I might try to make this bread. I will be using this recipe for my son’s Birthday cake, but making in into a piñata using this recipe. My daughter is turning one in a couple of weeks and I found this cake (the balloon cupcakes at the bottom) that I think will be perfect! When heading to the grocery store make sure to print Dinner List 20
Meal updates from last week:
The biggest hit from last week was the Thai noodle salad with peanut dressing. We ate it hot at night, and then I ate it the following day cold for lunch. Both were delicious! I did not have a chance to make the pork sliders, we ended up having burgers instead.
We have another busy week! We will be eating at home Monday-Friday and it looks like the heat wave is going to take a break for a few days, which means I will get a chance to turn on the oven. We had Sunday dinner with my parents, mom made the chicken fajita burger from @iowagirleats and I brought this Southwestern chopped salad.
- Slow cooker lasagna soup from @cremedelacrumb1 I have made other lasagna soups before but never tried this one.
- Chicken fajitas from @marthastewart this is my go to recipe for fajitas, fast and simple to make.
- Asian chicken foil packets from @twopeasandpod this is a new recipe for me it looks very easy and cooks on the grill.
- Turkey kofta kebabs from @skinnytaste we will eat this with a Greek salad and warmed pita.
- Blt salad from @marthastewart this is a recipe that we love! We usually have this salad once a month. The buttermilk dressing for this salad is amazing.
As the weather is going to be cooler for the next two days I am going to try to make some pies. My good friend brought me some rhubarb from her garden, I am going to use it to make strawberry rhubarb pies. I do not have a recipe right now, but will post it when I find one. For my pie crust I always use my grandma’s recipe, to find this recipe go to my post on the best pie dough. Next week my son is turning seven, in preparation for his birthday I will be baking him a cake. I always use the same chocolate cake recipe, if you are a cake lover then you MUST try this cake. My son has asked that I make a piñata cake, so I found this recipe that looks amazing. I cannot wait to put it together for him. As we are in the middle of Stampede I couldn’t help but find a new pancake recipe, I am going to try this with nectarines instead of peaches. Don’t make your own grocery list just take Dinner List 19
*Here is the recipe that I used for my pie*