Meal updates from last week:
The two other recipes that I made from last week were great! Loved the salad board and the peach and sausage supper. I added garden potatoes to the sausage and peach meal, I also cooked it in a cast iron skillet on the BBQ, and it turned out so well. Both meals are good during these hot summer days as everything is cooked on the grill. We were out of town for a few nights, and ate some really delicious meals. Thursday we ate smoked chicken cooked on a Traeger grill (I have secretly wanted one for years), roasted garden potatoes and beets and a spinach peach salad. Friday we had BBQ pizza using a dough recipe from @marthastewart and topped them with a variety of toppings, I also made the same spinach peach salad from the night before.
This week we will be eating at home Sunday-Thursday, there are no plans for the weekend so we will just wait and see. Tomorrow our daughter is turning 4! I have made the different layers of her cake, but will spend some time tomorrow afternoon icing and assembling. Stay tuned for cake pictures!
- Homemade burgers with tots and corn on the cob. I went to Costco on the weekend (insert shocked face), which is rare for me as I NEVER go. I ended up buying the three pack os Kirkland organic ground beef, which is what we used for our burgers. The meat was amazing, and so affordable for organic, $24 for a pack of three!
- Asian peanut noodles with chicken from @skinnytaste I have made this recipe before and my kids gobbled it up, so I will be serving this for my daughter’s birthday dinner.
- Vegetarian avocado sushi bowls from @whatsgabycooking I won’t be adding the cabbage to this bowl but will add all of the other veggies.
- Greek chicken tacos from @bevcooks I’ve made a couple of her recipes lately and I am excited to try this one.
- I have some Italian sausages in the freezer as well as some Farmer’s sausage, so I will grill those with some peppers and onions and make a simple salad.
I don’t have any baking plans this week as it has and continues to be so HOT. If the weather cools slightly I will make a batch of blueberry muffins, I made a blueberry buttermilk breakfast cake last week and it was devoured by the kids! Next time I’m at the store I will get a carton of buttermilk so that I can make it again. Shop with ease using grocery list 134