I hope that everyone had a nice weekend and is ready to tackle a summer Monday! We are planning a family road trip this week, and we are very excited for an adventure. We will be doing a lot of cooking, but I am not yet sure what that will look like, or what recipes will be simple and easy to make. I will do a full recap when we are home. Tonight I served a simple pasta will sautéed shrimp, I have made this recipe before from @amandafrederikson and it is delicious. I am not sure what I will serve for the days leading up to out road trip, but I will be sure to keep it simple.
As I have shared before, I LOVE a salad for dinner. My kids don’t love lettuce, but they always eat all of the salad components. This week I will share my most favourite dinner salads. I have made every recipe save for one.
- BLT salad with buttermilk dressing from @marthastewart this is one of our favourites! My son loves the homemade croutons.
- Summer grilled chicken power salad from @whatsgabycooking the grilled chicken is amazing!
- Chipotle shrimp cobb salad from @halfbakedharvest her recipes never disappoint.
- BBQ chicken salad from @skinnytaste this recipe is so simple and comes together quickly!
- Honey mustard chicken, bacon and avocado salad from @buzzfeedtasty the chicken marinade and salad dressing are one in the same, making this a winner.
- Steamed shrimp and watermelon salad from @cookinglight this salad has Asian flavours that make it pop.
- Fresh winter greens and citrus salad from @cookinglight I have made this salad so many times, and although it doesn’t have a protein with it, you could always grill anything and add it to the salad.
- Vietnamese beef salad from @thelemonbowl this is the only recipe that I haven’t tried. I saw it not long ago and thought it sounded amazing. I will update you when I test it out.
Wishing you a wonderful week, stay healthy and safe,