Meal updates from last week:
The chicken satay and the salmon salad from last week were great. We loved the combination of salmon with avocado and mango. As always the grilled pizza was gobbled up. I ended the week cooking spicy shrimp tacos, I added the link to last week’s meal plan. On Saturday we had friends over with their kids, and decided that it was going to be an appie dinner, so we had an epic snack platter, salad rolls and cowboy caviar. For dessert I served a mixture of candy and chocolate. On the snack platter I included: cucumber, mini carrots, peppers, strawberries, watermelon, raspberries, grapes, snap peas, salami, prosciutto, mixed olives, black bean hummus and guacamole (to see the platter head to my Instagram page). On another platter I had a variety of cheese and crackers. For snack platter inspiration head to Weelicious or follow Cookinglight on Instagram. This evening we ate dinner with my parents, I brought a simple green salad that we ate with skillet elk lasagna, and for dessert angel food cake with strawberries and vanilla ice cream.
This week is another busy one! We are still in the middle of soccer and will be celebrating my son’s birthday this weekend. His birthday isn’t until July, but we like to have his party during the school year so that his friends can make it. This week I have meal planned for Monday-Friday, we will see if I end up cooking Friday night.
- BLT salad with buttermilk dressing from @marthastewart this is a family favourite, and I ended up having all of the ingredients without having to buy anything at the store!
- BBQ chicken thighs with grilled corn and peppers. I will boil the corn and then finish them off on the grill. I will top the thighs with BBQ sauce.
- Thai noodles with chicken and broccoli from Anne Lindsay’s Light Kitchen cookbook. This is another staple in our house. Most of the time I don’t use chicken, but will add more veggies. This pasta is great hot but even better the next day served cold.
- Salisbury steak with mashed potatoes from @rachelray this recipe sounds amazing I cannot wait to give it a try.
- Ginger peanut soup one of my mom’s favourite soup recipes, and one that I’ve shared with you many times.
I will also be making my son’s birthday cake for his weekend party. This year we are heading to the zoo to see the pandas and he has also asked for a panda cake. As always I will be using my tried and true chocolate cake recipe with cream cheese cool whip icing. The Dinner List 56 is a long one this week.