Meal updates from last week:
The kids loved the pork fried rice! They ate all of the pork and egg that gets added into the rice mixture, it is a perfect one bowl meal to feed kids. Just as before we really enjoyed the sloppy joe tacos, my husband and kids ate theirs in hard taco shells while I decided to make mine into a salad. I really enjoyed the kale salad, it reminded me of the Asian coleslaw with crushed noodles, except this one is a little bit healthier!
This weekend we had a home cooked meal once and ordered takeout for the other. On Sunday night we went to friend’s for build your own pizza. We used naan bread as the base for our pizzas. The kids and adults had a blast creating their own! This week we will be eating at home Monday-Friday, the weather is going to change for the better so I am going to try to grill while I can.
- Big batch baked chicken cacciatore from @cookinglight I will serve this with some buttered noodles.
- Salmon chowder from @saturday_night_test_kitchen this is a new recipe for me, and I hope that my kids enjoy eating salmon in soup form?!
- Mediterranean turkey burgers with artichoke and feta spread from @howsweeteats we will eat this with fries and a salad or raw veggies.
- Honey mustard chicken, bacon and avocado salad from @buzzfeedtasty I love this salad, more so because the chicken marinade and dressing are one!
- Cilantro lime shrimp bowls from @fitfoodiefinds I love a good one bowl dinner.
Yesterday I got a chance to make some pumpkin doughnuts that my son has been begging to make. They are a baked doughnut that get sprinkled with cinnamon sugar once cooled. Baked goods made with pumpkin turn out so moist and flavourful. The recipe that I used made 12 regular sized doughnuts and 8 mini muffin doughnuts, which are a perfect snack to send in the lunchbox. I also came across a recipe for jack-o-lantern cookies which look so cute! I may try the recipe next week.