Meal updates from last week:
All meals last week were well received by the family. I really enjoyed the sweet and sour bowls and the Mediterranean chicken. Foil packets are my new favourite thing for hot weather cooking, not to mention that clean-up in non-existent.
This week we will be eating at home Monday-Friday. We are heading out-of-town early tomorrow and will return later on Monday, so I am not sure what Monday dinner will look like. It could be breakfast for dinner or even grilled cheese. This week we are also celebrating another birthday! Our daughter is turning one. We will spend her actual day just the four of us together, and then celebrate with friends and family on the weekend. This also means I will be busy preparing food for the weekend as well as baking another cake. I have decided to make her cake simple, with not as many steps has her brother’s cake.
- Sheet-pan sausage and peppers with cauliflower rice from @iowagirleats I have never made cauliflower rice before, my kids love brown rice so we will see how they like this new version?!
- Steak fajita foil packs from @cremedelacrumb1 yes I am trying another foil pack recipe!
- Pierogies with sour cream is what I am making for our daughter’s birthday dinner. Pierogies are possibly her most favourite thing to eat, and no I am not making them! I will be buying them from the Farmer’s Market.
- Grilled bruschetta chicken from @cremedelacrumb1 this is a new recipe for me, and with our abundance of tomatoes I need to start using them daily. I will serve this with a butter and parmesan spaghetti and a side caesar.
For our daughter’s Birthday party I am serving ham with buns, salad and fresh fruit. I have decided to have three different salads: broccoli, kale and Asian slaw. You can find the broccoli and kale recipes on my Canada 150 post. I will share my Asian slaw later in the week. I will be making cupcakes for her cake, find the image here at the bottom of the page. As always I will be using my go-to chocolate cake recipe with vanilla frosting. Use my new search feature to find the cake recipe.
I have some other recipes to share with you that I am excited to try!
- I love all things lemon and this pie sounds amazing!
- A summer flavoured energy bite that is sure to please the kids
- Blackberry smashed cocktail that will please the parents
- Chocolate pudding with a special ingredient
Don’t forget to bring the Dinner List 22 to the grocery store.