Meal updates from last week:
Favourite meals from last week were the pork medallions and the baked Greek meatballs. The mango chicken was also very good, but I should have used all of the jalapeño instead of just half. Next time I make the meatballs I am going to serve them with a dip, either hummus or some tzatziki.
I was away for the weekend with my mom in Las Vegas. We had an amazing time and ate at some really amazing restaurants. Next time you go to Vegas make sure that you check out Carbone in the Aria. It is traditional Italian cuisine, everything that we ate was delicious. We also ate at Zuma in the Cosmopolitan, which is a Japanese restaurant that is much more than sushi. I would eat at both places again.
Tomorrow is the first day of school! I cannot believe that summer is already over and we are going to be back into the routine of things. This week we will be eating at home Monday-Friday. The weather is supposed to continue to be hot, so I am going to try to use the grill as much as possible.
- classychicken as requested from my son. A family favourite, and makes delicious leftovers for his thermos. I serve this with egg noodles.
- Enchilada chicken roll-ups from @skinnytaste I am serving this with a cilantro lime rice.
- Teriyaki turkey burgers from @wellplated we will eat these with waffles fries and raw veggies.
- Greek marinated chicken thighs with grilled vegetables. This is a recipe I have created. I will marinate the chicken in lemon, oil, oregano and garlic. I will grill the chicken and the vegetables and before serving I will top it with some feta. You could also add some steamed rice or roasted potatoes to the meal.
- BBQ pizza, I will be using store-bought dough for the pizza and be serving it with a caesar salad. I usually top our pizza with salami, peppers, mushrooms, olives and fresh tomatoes.
I will be back packing lunches, and my son has been asking for muffins and loaf. I still have a dozen of these in the freezer and think that I will make something with banana and zucchini. I like the sounds of this recipe and maybe this one too. If you are heading to the store don’t forget to print Dinner List 26.
*banana bread recipe*
*Zucchini-chocolate chip muffins*
*Zucchini coconut chocolate chip cookies*