This weekend many Canadians will be sitting with friends and family enjoying turkey dinner. Everyone has their own favourite recipes when it comes to turkey dinner, so with this in mind I decided to ask my friends and family to share their favourites with me. All dishes have been covered including the most important, dessert!
- Roast turkey from @thekitchn this is a great post, that includes a video and all of the important details to roasting a turkey.
- Sausage and herb stuffing from @thefoodnetwork this is the best stuffing recipe that I have ever made!
- Turnips from my mom, you can tell that this recipe has been very well-loved.
- Festive vegetables from my friend Lindsay, and vegetable Medley from my friend Mary.
- Roasted brussels sprouts: wash and cut sprouts into bite size pieces, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, roast in the oven until fork tender, drizzle with balsamic reduction (you can buy this or make your own by boiling down good quality balsamic vinegar) and crispy pancetta (cook pancetta while the sprouts are in the oven). This recipe is from my friend Amy.
- Curried cauliflower from The Best of Bridge, this has been a staple recipe on our table for many years.
- Mashed potatoes, I never use a recipe for potatoes just simple ingredients: potatoes, warmed milk, butter and salt and pepper. I hate lumpy potatoes so I always use my immersion blender as a masher.
- Gravy from my mom, she found this recipe years ago in a newspaper. You can make the gravy days before Thanksgiving. She mentioned that they key to this recipe is cutting the vegetables into the same size as well as browning them.
- Pumpkin Pie from my gramma Billie, and remember to use her pie dough for the crust. Simply search the blog for the recipe.
Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving,