My beautiful sister-in-law is expecting her first baby next month, and there is no better way to prepare her for motherhood, then filling her freezer with food! After having both of my kids the best thing anyone ever did for me was to bring me meals or even just fill my fridge. This week I am going to go and help my sister make five dinners and two snacks. These meals should yield them at least ten suppers, especially if they are supplemented with salads and veggies.
Here are the recipes we will be tackling:
- Slow-cooker creamy chicken and mushroom pot pie from @realsimple, we will mix all of the ingredients, water and flour and then freeze. Then all she will need to do is thaw and throw it into the crock pot.
- Slow-cooker honey teriyaki chicken from @sallysbakeblog, again we will prepare the teriyaki sauce and place it in a freezer bag with the chicken and onion. Then to cook she will thaw and place in slow cooker. She can serve this with steamed rice and broccoli.
- Turkey pesto meatballs from @weelicious we will freeze the meatballs without the sauce. Then place the thawed meatballs in the sauce before placing in the oven. They can eat these with spaghetti and a prepared salad.
- Burritos from The Best of Bridge we will prepare the burritos minus the enchilada sauce and cheese on top. Then before placing in the oven she will add the two toppings. These can be served alone or with a simple green salad.
- Pizza buns from @rebecca_simpleasthat I have shared this recipe before and it is a winner! For this recipe we will bake the buns and then freeze them once cooled. A simple green or caesar salad completes this meal.
- Banana chocolate chip muffins from @thebakingchocolatess these are my new go-to banana muffins. We will bake and then freeze.
- Morning glory muffins from @laurens_latest we will also bake and freeze these.