Meal updates from last week:
I managed to make all but one recipe from last week. I did not get a chance to try out the ramen with vegetables. I still plan on making this recipe and will let you know what I think after I make it. Our two favourites from last week were the quinoa meatloaf and the Thai cashew chicken. The meatloaf was super moist from the addition of the quinoa. The cashew chicken was a hit with everyone including the kids.
This week we will be eating at home Sunday-Thursday. I am not sure what the weekend holds for us? It may be something easy, takeout or out for dinner. Tonight we had family over for dinner. I served the top recipe from the list, do not skip making the pistachio basil goddess sauce. It is simply amazing! This may become my new sauce for everything. I made these for dessert but added a drizzle of dark chocolate to the top.
- Greek goddess chicken lettuce wraps from @halfbakedharvest we ate the wraps with a green salad. I served the chicken in pita with all of the toppings.
- Mexican haystack rice bowls from @togetherasafamilyblog I have some left over cauli-rice from last week so I will eat my bowl with it, but will make regular steamed rice for the kids.
- Roasted pork tenderloin with Dijon breadcrumbs and brussels sprouts from @delish along with the sprouts I will be steaming some broccolini and maybe some roasted potatoes.
- Italian sloppy joes from @delish served with a caesar salad.
- Roasted root vegetables with sausage. There is no recipe to go with this meal it is made-up. I purchased some yellow potatoes, parsnips, carrots and delicata squash that I will roast with some olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper. This will go in the over at 400 for 20 minutes and then I will add the sausage and cook for 15-20 more minutes. For a similar recipe use the roasted sausage and potato supper.
Last week I made some breakfast cookies and broccoli cheddar quinoa cups. See last week’s weekly meals for recipes. This week I would like to try these morning-glory muffins this recipes is different from most mg recipes see the last ingredient 😉 Don’t forget the Dinner List 40!