I’m back!! I know that it has been a while since my last post, but we were road tripping and enjoying some family time. We’ve been home less than a week, but have been busy celebrating my son’s 10th birthday. Full birthday meal and cake recap will come later. We cooked every meal while we were away and as promised I will share my dinner ideas with you:
- pre-made kebabs (purchased from Save On Foods) served with salad
- pizza cooked on the grill using naan bread as the base
- grilled sausages, potatoes, peppers and onions
- BBQ chicken salad from @skinnytaste
- Turkey tacos made into taco salad from @culinaryhill
- Homemade fish and chips (I didn’t make this meal, but provided slaw and roasted potatoes and carrots as side dishes)
Once we got home I couldn’t wait NOT to cook, so last week for our anniversary we ordered sushi to have with the kids. We ended the week eating home cooked meals since I had some time to do some recipe searching. We had zucchini turkey burgers from @bigdeliciouslife you can find the recipe right on her Instagram feed, and skillet chicken with rice, zucchini and corn from @bevcooks. My son requested homemade pizza for his birthday on Sunday, so I bought dough from CO-OP and all of the necessary toppings and we did make your own pizza night. For his cake I used my go-to chocolate cake recipe with pudding frosting and made it into a bowl of popcorn. It turned out so well, way better than I had expected.
This week we are eating at home Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, my husband and I are going to friends for dinner Tuesday and Friday my son is having a small group of kids for a drive in movie in the backyard.
- Easy grilled enchilada chicken from @thismessisours I served the chicken in corn tortillas with a simple pico de gallo and some sour cream, and added some gilled corn on the side. You can make your own enchilada sauce but I opted to buy some from the store. This meal is so quick and easy and would be great made into a salad.
- We are out for dinner but I am taking dessert, I have a box of peaches and decided to make a peach and pecan crisp from @smittenkitchen, her recipes never disappoint.
- Shrimp bowl with coconut cilantro lime rice and pineapple salsa from @twopeasandpod this is a new bowl recipe that I can’t wait to try!
- Grilled chicken and peach kebabs from @aimeebourque I will serve these with some roasted potatoes and green beans.
Since I have so many peaches I am going to try to bake a few other things besides the crisp. A long time ago I made peach cobbler scones from @joythebaker and they were amazing. I also found a recipe for peach upside-down cake that looks divine! If I find any other peach recipes I will pass them along. After a long hiatus the grocery list 133