Meal updates from last week:
BLT salad is always a hit, bonus this time was that my daughter decided she liked it too! I liked the chicken with pineapple salsa, but I think that it would’ve tasted better had I grilled the chicken. I wasn’t going to fire up the BBQ, so I cooked it on the stove instead. I will save the recipe for when the weather is warmer.
This week is slightly quieter than last week, my son has ball twice and then I have to work late on Thursday. We will be eating at home Sunday-Thursday, we don’t have plans on Friday, Saturday we are going to a Christmas party.
- Turkey chili from @natashaskitchen we ate this tonight with some taco chips for dipping. I served sour cream, avocado and pickled jalapeños as the toppings for the chili.
- Chicken buddha bowl from myrecipemagic.com I have made this bowl before and it is amazing!
- Crunchy baked chicken with ham and swiss from @realsimple I will serve this with green beans.
- Homemade pizza, I am going to try the pizza bases from @cobsbread we will add our favourite pasta sauce, pizza toppings and mozzarella.
- I am working late tonight so dinner will be left up to my husband, and I am almost 100% sure that there will be deer sausage served as I won’t be there! I am not a fan of deer sausage, I love elk but have never really enjoyed deer.
Last week I had the chance to make the snickerdoodle kiss cookies, and I am hoping tomorrow to bake the gingersnap sandwich cookies. My son has asked that we make something with chocolate and peppermint and I think that I found the perfect recipe. I also happened upon a recipe for cranberry almond shortbread that I cannot stop thinking about! I finished all of my pressing school work and we have two weeks until winter break, so I am hoping to bake a little more this week. Grocery shop with ease using grocery list 114