As Canadians, we have a very special weekend coming up. Whether you are celebrating with a large group, a small gathering with friends or a backyard BBQ these recipes will be sure to please a crowd. As we approach such a special milestone I am so very proud to call myself a Canadian. Happy Birthday Canada!
– watermelon, feta and mint on a skewer drizzled with some olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper. (use a melon baller or cut the melon into cubes).
– triple layer guacamole served with tortilla chips
– antipasto salad kabobs
– melon, prosciutto and mozzarella skewers
– pepperoni pizza dip (if you have never made this dip YOU MUST!)
– mediterranean 7-layer dip served with pita chips
– feta dip
– ranch pasta salad
– broccoli and apple salad
– hail to the kale salad (this is an amazing salad and perfect for a BBQ)
– corn salad
– baked beans (this recipe belongs to my very good friend MB)
Finely chop one onion and brown in 1 tbsp of butter. Pour over three cans of beans: 1 kidney, 1 baked and 1 black. Combine 1/2 cup of ketchup, 3 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tsp dry mustard, 1/2 tsp garlic, 1/4 tsp pepper. Pour this over the bean and onion mixture. Bake at 300 for 1-2 hours.
– other ideas for sides: fresh fruit and vegetables and assorted chips with dip.
– chicken caesar burgers
– fall-off-the-bone ribs (this is my go-to recipe)
– tin foil sausage and veggie dinner
– the ultimate burger
– other ideas for mains: grilled hotdogs, smokies, sausages, steaks or salmon.
Happy Canada Day,