Meal updates from last week:
The biggest hit from last week was the Thai noodle salad with peanut dressing. We ate it hot at night, and then I ate it the following day cold for lunch. Both were delicious! I did not have a chance to make the pork sliders, we ended up having burgers instead.
We have another busy week! We will be eating at home Monday-Friday and it looks like the heat wave is going to take a break for a few days, which means I will get a chance to turn on the oven. We had Sunday dinner with my parents, mom made the chicken fajita burger from @iowagirleats and I brought this Southwestern chopped salad.
- Slow cooker lasagna soup from @cremedelacrumb1 I have made other lasagna soups before but never tried this one.
- Chicken fajitas from @marthastewart this is my go to recipe for fajitas, fast and simple to make.
- Asian chicken foil packets from @twopeasandpod this is a new recipe for me it looks very easy and cooks on the grill.
- Turkey kofta kebabs from @skinnytaste we will eat this with a Greek salad and warmed pita.
- Blt salad from @marthastewart this is a recipe that we love! We usually have this salad once a month. The buttermilk dressing for this salad is amazing.
As the weather is going to be cooler for the next two days I am going to try to make some pies. My good friend brought me some rhubarb from her garden, I am going to use it to make strawberry rhubarb pies. I do not have a recipe right now, but will post it when I find one. For my pie crust I always use my grandma’s recipe, to find this recipe go to my post on the best pie dough. Next week my son is turning seven, in preparation for his birthday I will be baking him a cake. I always use the same chocolate cake recipe, if you are a cake lover then you MUST try this cake. My son has asked that I make a piñata cake, so I found this recipe that looks amazing. I cannot wait to put it together for him. As we are in the middle of Stampede I couldn’t help but find a new pancake recipe, I am going to try this with nectarines instead of peaches. Don’t make your own grocery list just take Dinner List 19
*Here is the recipe that I used for my pie*