Meal updates from last week:
We really liked the shrimp, mango and cashew stir fry as well as the chorizo crumble. We ate the crumble as a taco salad, and the kids ate theirs with some chips and shredded cheese. As always, and probably forever we will LOVE hamburger soup from @bestofbridge. I only make half of the recipe and it is always more than enough for us, plus we get at least four lunches. We continue to be in a deep freeze in southern Alberta, and this week is going to be FREEZING! I decided that today I was going to do some meal prepping as it was too cold to do anything else. I made a large batch of curried butternut squash soup from @minimalistbaker, a tray of healthy granola from @gimmesomeoven and a chocolate banana olive oil cake from @fraicheliving.
This week we will be eating at home Sunday-Thursday, no plans Friday and then dinner with friends Saturday. My son has ball twice, my daughter has dance and then they both have swimming. It is going to be a busy week.
- Roasted chicken with mashed cauliflower/potatoes and steamed green beans. I bought a whole marinated chicken from @sunterramarket then made a potato and cauliflower mash and steamed some beans.
- Creamy mushroom smothered pork chops from @thekitchn we will eat this with brown rice and another vegetable.
- Classy chicken from @bestofbridge I will serve this with egg noodles.
- Korean beef and rice bowl from @alyssa_therecipecritic I am hoping that the kids like this one!
- Lemon herb salmon from @completelydelicious we will eat this with some green veggies and roasted cauliflower.
I did so much prep and cooking today I don’t have plans for any other baking this week. I still have many brown bananas, but will save them until we are done the cake that I made today. I did use some of them yesterday while making banana bread waffles. This week staying warm is going to be the key! Finally the grocery list 116