Meal updates from last week:
All meals from last week were great. I loved both salads, especially the chopped salad with shrimp. I ended up making a citrus dressing to go on the salad as the recipe called for you to dress the salad with olive oil. The queso I made for the burgers was amazing! I will make this again for us to eat with tortilla chips. As I was out both Friday and Saturday I made the kids two easy meals: hotdogs and tater tots, perogies and both nights they ate raw veggies with their meals. Last night we went to friends for dinner, I was asked to make a Greek salad and wanted to try a different dressing. It turned out very well.
This week we will be eating at home Sunday-Thursday. My husband and I are heading to Nashville for the weekend! I cannot wait to eat my way through the city. The weather this week seems to be mixture of cool and warm, so I will try to grill when the sun is shining.
- Crispy sheet pan gnocchi with sausage and peppers from @foodnetwork we ate this with caesar salad and strawberry-rhubarb crisp for dessert. My parents joined us for dinner, and we all agreed that the sheet pan meal was outstanding! So simple and so delicious. I will make this again very soon.
- Spring minestrone from @epicurious I will serve this with a baguette.
- Upside-down shepherd’s pie from @cookinglight this is a great one pot meal that my kids always enjoy. We will see how they like this version.
- Fish taco bowls from thecandidappetite.com I am going to leave out the chipotle in adobe sauce as I know that it is way too spicy for my kids.
- BBQ smokies and the best kale salad from @theendlessmeal this week we begin soccer on Tuesday and Thursday nights so we will need to have pretty simple meals so we are ready to go to soccer.
I have some leftover rhubarb from the crisp I made today, so I think I will try to make some muffins this week. These muffins sound delicious, and I am a sucker for a streusel topping. I also found this recipe that sounds equally good. Once home from Nashville I will share our favourite restaurants and bars. The Dinner List 53 is a long one this week!