Meal updates from last week:
The best recipes from last week were the sloppy joe stuffed peppers, which we ate on the same day as the cauliflower hot wings. Both recipes were from @ayeshacurry and both were amazing! Some ate the sloppy joes in peppers while others had the meat in buns. We ate the hot wings as an appetizer and they were gobbled up in less than ten minutes. If you are looking for a healthy game day recipe this one is a must try!!
This week we will be eating at home Monday-Friday we are heading to my parents for dinner tonight, and I am bringing baked beans to contribute to the meal. If you are looking for the recipe simply use the search feature. The weather is continuing on a cooler trend, so some recipes this week are more comfort food based. I went to the farmer’s market today and stocked up on the last of peaches and corn. I also bought a huge bag of apples and some green and yellow beans.
- Buffalo turkey burgers from wearychef.com we will eat this is grilled corn and waffle fries.
- Roasted salmon tacos from @inagarten I haven’t made salmon for a very long time, but watched an episode of Barefoot Contessa where she was making this recipe. It looks simple but delicious.
- Pizza buns from @rebecca_simpleasthat if you’ve never made these you must! My son loves these pizza buns, and they are great in lunch boxes the next day. We will eat these with a caesar salad. Hint: if you are looking for a short cut use Pillsbury pizza dough, or even their crescent roll dough.
- Slow-cooker creamy chicken and mushroom pot pie from @realsimple this is a new recipe for me, and to be honest I am not a lover of pot pie. I decided to give this one a try because it looks easy and my husband does love a pot pie.
- Greek sheet pan chicken souvlaki and potatoes from @halfbakedharvest I haven’t made this recipe for a long time, and everyone know how much I love a one pan meal!
Breakfast lately has been a mixture of cereal, toast and muffins. I saved some french toast fingers from the other night to serve for one breakfast this week. During my Sunday shopping trip I found these, which I thought would be a great addition to our breakfast choices. This salad looks amazing, full of fall flavours and a great lunch option. I wanted to buy a large bag of apples so that I could try these and these. Take the Dinner List 28 with you on your weekly shopping trip.