Meal updates form last week:
My husband and I loved the mushroom bowls with kale pesto, and as I noted on my Instagram my kids didn’t eat them! I didn’t get a chance to make the BBQ chicken thighs as we had beef burritos instead. The salmon was also delicious, I used regular pasta instead of soba noodles. I did make a large batch of hummus using my newest kitchen appliance. It turned out really well, a great way to get my daughter some much needed protein. She isn’t really a meat eater, so I try to get her to eat hummus, edamame, nuts and beans as much as possible. Every once and a while she will surprise us and take back some chicken or beef, but that is a rarity.
This weekend we did sushi takeout from Globefish, Asian pork tenderloin and takeout tacos from Native Tongues. I will share our Monday meal below. This week we will be eating at home Monday-Friday, we usually do takeout Friday nights, but I found a recipe that I might try instead of doing takeout. Saturday we will do takeout for sure.
- Greek marinaded chicken thighs from @playswellwithbutter we ate the grilled chicken with a Greek salad, grilled pitas and hummus.
- Grilled Spolumbos mild Italian sausages with corn, tater tots and raw veggies.
- BLT salad with buttermilk dressing from @marthastewart this is a salad that I make a lot. My kids like to eat all of the ingredients except for the lettuce. I usually make them a quesadilla to supplement their meal.
- Pad Thai, I haven’t decided which recipe I am going to use. They are both pretty similar, so it will either be this one or this one. I am going to use prawns as my protein.
- Mediterranean Linguine from the Earl’s cookbook, I have had this book for a while, but I haven’t cooked anything out of it. As per a recommendation from a friend I am going to try this recipe.
I made a small dessert tonight, it was another recipe from @dessertfortwo. I really love her recipes, and what I love even more is that they are small batch recipes, so there isn’t a ton leftover. I have a lot of spotted bananas, so what better way to use them, then in a banana sheet cake with cream cheese frosting. It was amazing, the only thing that I would change would be to decrease the amount of sugar. The recipe calls for 1 cup of white sugar, next time I will try with 3/4 cup. If you haven’t ever gone to her website then you need to go now, so many great small batch recipes. I still have three more bananas that need to be used, so I think that I will try to make good morning protein cookies from @weelicious. I am sure that I can convince my kids to eat cookies for breakfast! I don’t have any other plans to bake this week, but that has never stopped me before. There isn’t a grocery list this week, it will be back next week.
Stay healthy and stay safe,