Meal updates from last week:
All meals from last week were great, I especially liked both bowls. I supplemented the egg roll bowls with some steamed rice. The Greek sheet pan meal is so delicious! You must make tzatziki to go on top.
This week we will be eating at home Sunday-Thursday, Friday I will be out for dinner with a friend and then we have company staying with us on Saturday night. I would imagine that I will cook something for us on that night. If the weather person is correct then spring is going to show-up this week! Everyone in our house couldn’t be more excited about it.
- Vegetarian noodle bowl from @sandycoughlirne we ate this tonight and the kids loved the noodles. In the broth I added shiitake mushrooms, baby bok choy and shredded carrots. I topped the bowls with mini peppers, snap peas and a drizzle of sriracha. This is the second ramen recipe that I’ve tried and I have to say that I liked the garage noodles better.
- Steak with pomegranate pilaf from @rachelraymag it says to cook the steak in a frying pan, but as it is supposed to be nice I am going to grill mine. We will see what the kids think of this recipe?!
- Spring chicken asparagus pea salad from @aberdeenskitchen I cannot wait to try this recipe, it just looks like spring on a plate!
- Grilled pizza with a caesar salad (no recipe for this)
- Hot ham and cheese sandwiches with bacon and caramelized onions from @pinchofyum we will eat these with some raw veggies. I am not using swiss cheese, instead I will use havarti as my kids prefer the taste.
We went to a small gathering last night and I brought a simple strawberry and spinach salad. I used this recipe, but added some blackberries and no feta. My son has been on a bagel and cream cheese kick lately. I have no problem buying bagels, but two people who I know have made homemade ones and said they are easy and delicious. I have made many recipes from @skinnytaste and I’m never disappointed, so I am going to attempt to make her easy bagel recipe. Stay tuned for the results! Don’t forget to print Dinner List 50