Meal updates from last week:
Our favourites from last week were the Thai chicken with nectarine salad as well as the flattened chicken with Mexican-style street corn. If you haven’t ever tried to make Mexican corn you are missing out! It is delicious. I didn’t have a chance to make the fajita foil packs as last week was very busy.
This week is another full week, friends are coming to stay with us for a couple of nights and then it is my son’s birthday on Thursday. We will be eating at home Sunday-Wednesday we may be out for birthday dinner Thursday and then eat at home Friday. We ended last week eating at home Friday and then going out with friends Saturday.
- Orzo salad with grilled shrimp from @amandafrederickson we ate this last week and it was amazing! Such a perfect summer meal that takes advantage of seasonal veggies. This fantastic blogger does an Insta-story every week on fridge foraging, usually a very simple weeknight meal. Check her out!
- Honey mustard chicken, bacon and avocado salad from @buzzfeed I have made this salad before, and just like the last time it was a hit. The chicken marinade is also the dressing for the salad. Brilliant!
- Blackened grilled salmon salad with pineapple salsa from http://www.joyfulhealthyeats.com everyone knows that I love a dinner salad. My kids have been loving salmon, and who isn’t happy to grill their entire dinner.
- Tonight we are hosting a group of friends and their kids. I will be grilling hotdogs and sausages and then making a snack board for the kids to nibble off of. If you are looking for snack platter inspiration then head to @weelicious to see how she creates the best and most visually appealing boards.
- I will make pizza on the grill with a simple green salad. Depending on how I’m feeling I will make my own dough or use a store-bought variety. I don’t usually use pizza sauce, instead I use our favourite jarred pasta sauce.
- Tonight is my son’s 8th birthday, he will get to choose his favourite homemade meal or we will go out. We will be having a chocolate icebox cake in the shape of an eight to celebrate his big day. The recipe and cake decorating is from @aimeebourque I am very excited to decorate and photograph this cake!
I had a chance to make this chocolate chip banana bread from @somethingswanky we haven’t had a chance to taste it but I will let you know what we think. Take the Dinner List 61 to help you with your shopping.