Updates from last week:
All meals from last week were well received. The soup as I have said before was amazing! Classy chicken is a house favourite as well as the chicken caesar burgers. The frittata was a quick and easy meal, but not as filling as I had hoped. We loved the pork tenderloin, the sauce was delicious. I did not end up making sausage and peppers as you saw on my Instagram post, instead we did nachos on the grill. I wasn’t sure how they were going to turn out, but they ended up having a really great smoky flavour.
This week we will be eating at home Monday-Friday. We have soccer twice this week, so I am trying to choose some easy to make recipes so that we can eat and be out the door in good time.
- Chicken stir-fry with peanut sauce from @cookinglight this recipe has all of the flavours that I love.
- Mini vegetable enchilada stacks from @iowagirleats this is a new recipe for me, I will serve this with a side salad.
- We are going to have pizza cooked on the BBQ. We invested in a hot plate for our grill last summer and it was a great decision. We use it to cook veggies and pizza. I am going to do cheese for the kids and meat with veggies for the adults. Find a similar hot plate here.
- BBQ chicken quinoa salad from @iowagirleats this is another new recipe for me. As my son doesn’t love quinoa I will serve this with brown rice.
- I am going to bbq sausage and serve it with this strawberry-chicken salad minus the chicken. This is a salad that I have shared before and it is outstanding. Take advantage of the in-season strawberries!
For breakfast this week we will be having organic cinnamon waffles from Nature’s Path. I like to serve these topped with nut butter and fruit. I made the grain-free granola last week and we gobbled it up! I am going to make another batch this week. See my post from last week for the recipe. I don’t have plans for a snack this week. When I decide I will share it via Instagram. Find the recipe for the triple berry banana bread here. Print Dinner List 12 instead of writing your own!