Meal updates from last week:
I loved the Greek souvlaki, and the sausage and pepper skillet was an absolute hit! I mentioned in my IG post that I subbed day old rice for the cauliflower rice as my kids are not a fan. The entire skillet was gobbled up. My son son has asked that I make it again soon. Picadillo was also hit with the kids, I made theirs into tacos and ate mine as a Mexi-salad. This weekend we went to friends on Friday and I took raspberry tiramisu, I have have made this recipe before and it is so delicious. Saturday we tried out the new restaurant, Surfy Surfy, and it did not disappoint! It is Mexican with a California twist, we ordered almost all of their tacos (chicken, fish, al pastor, beef), my son had a brisket burrito and my daughter ordered a roasted corn quesadilla. For dessert we had an order of potato churros. It has been only open for a week, but everything ran smoothy and the food was amazing. We will be back again very soon.
This week we will be eating at home Sunday-Thursday, we don’t have any weekend plans for the first time in a long time. We are slightly less busy with some kid activities ending and some just beginning.
- Classy chicken from @bestofbridge I served this with buttered egg noodles and a wedge salad with buttermilk ranch dressing.
- Club sandwich from @nocrumbsleft on the side we will have raw veggies.
- Lemon chicken noodle soup from @littlebrokenblog the weather is taking a bit of a dip, so I thought a big pot of soup would be the perfect meal.
- Meatball subs from @foodnetwork I found this recipe, but think that I will simplify this weeknight meal by using Italian sausages. If you take the meat out of the casing and form them into meatballs it saves a lot of time. Then I will cook in a skillet and add some marinara sauce, add the meatballs and sauce to rolls and top with parmesan.
- Breakfast for dinner for the kids with some buttermilk waffles from @ambitiouskitchen, for myself I am going to make a buffalo chicken salad. I found two recipes, but I can’t decide between this one or this one. I will keep you posted.
Still living without an oven, but there was some hope last week as my husband spoke with someone who thought the part would arrive in the next 5-6 days. We will find out more tomorrow when we speak with them again. Fingers crossed this it gets here this week! That being said, there won’t be any baking this week, I am very hopeful that some baking will happen by the end of the month. Save time at the store by using grocery list 8 22