Meal updates from last week:
Both recipes that I made from the magazine were amazing! The pork with rice and spinach was delicious. It will be made again very soon. As always the meatball sandwiches were a hit. I liked the chili mac but it was not my favourite pasta recipe. I do not think that I will be making this again. I actually didn’t end up making any protein balls, instead I made Starbucks copycat oat bars which we really enjoyed. If you are looking for the recipe search me (Sara Rumpel) on Pinterest.
I am an overnight oat lover! I eat them every weekday morning because they are so quick and easy. On the weekend I tend to eat cooked oatmeal, lately I have been making my oatmeal with almond milk. Here is how I make it: 1/3 cup of rolled oats, 2/3 cup of almond milk, tsp cinnamon, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries and a drizzle of maple syrup. Add the oats and milk to a pot bring it to a boil, then turn down and simmer until the oats are almost cooked. Add the blueberries and the cinnamon, as the oats finish cooking. Scoop into a bowl and drizzle the syrup overtop. Enjoy!
This week we will be eating at home Sunday-Friday, I will be heading to the mountains this weekend. Outdoor sports begin this week, so many of my weeknight meals will need to be quick and easy. BBQ season is upon us, and it looks like this week is going to be the beginning. I am going to try to us the grill as much as I can.
- Thai chicken and wild rice soup from @sweetpeasandsaffron I know that I just made this a couple of weeks ago, but we will be out most of the day and need the meal to be ready when we come home. We will eat this with corn bread and a salad.
- classychicken from the Best of Bridge Ladies. This recipe was part of my childhood, and will be part of my children’s childhood as well. The ingredients list may put you off, but trust me just make it!
- Tomato-asiago frittata with arugula blueberry salad from Cooking Light magazine. Frittatas are an easy weeknight meal, and you can add anything to them. I will probably take out the tomatoes and add in some ham.
- BBQ pork tenderloin from @addapinch I will be serving this with grilled asparagus and roasted potatoes.
- Chicken caesar burgers from @iowagirleats another recipe repeat as we love these burgers! This time I am going to use ground turkey instead of chicken. We will have a side salad and fries with the burgers.
- BBQ sausage with grilled onions and peppers. I cook my sausage on my grill and then use my hot plate on my grill to cook the peppers and onions. I will serve this on toasted buns with some baked beans. If you are looking to lighten up this meal then serve the grilled meat and veg over romaine.
This week I am going to make a pan of granola. I found recipe for grain-free granola from @felsull I will serve this with yogurt and berries. For snack I found a cookie recipe that I am dying to try. This is also a grain-free recipe, but contains nut butter so it cannot go in school lunches. Don’t forget to print your Dinner List 11 to make your shopping easier.