Updates from last week:
Best recipes from last week were the pork po’boys and the antipasto salad. My kids loved the pork po’boys, mine turned out more like pork patties but the flavour was great. The salad lived up to my expectations, I served it topped with grilled chicken. A perfect summertime meal.
This week we will be eating at home Sunday-Thursday. Tonight we ate with family and had elk burgers, salad and baked beans. If you have never had elk before then you need to give it a try. It does not have a strong flavour at all, and the meat is very lean. It makes great burgers!
It is rewind week, meaning I will be making recipes that I have posted before.
- Thai chicken salad with ginger lime dressing from @wendypolisi this is the only recipe this week that I have never tried. Instead of cooking the chicken I am going to buy a cooked one from the store. No oven cooking tonight!
- sloppy joe tacos from @gimmesomeoven my son loves these tacos. I also like to eat these over a bed of shredded head lettuce.
- Thai chicken wild rice soup from @denise_sweetpeasandsaffron I cannot say enough about this soup, it is amazing!
- Chicken fajita cheeseburgers from @iowagirleats the last time I made these they were a hit. We will have these with a veggie platter and some Alexia’s waffle fries.
- I don’t really have a plan for dinner tonight, but I was thinking of pizza on the grill. If I still have a lot of energy to cook then I’m going to try these.
Although I’m still obsessed with the blueberry muffin oats I have also been having hot oatmeal for breakfast as well. Last week I made a big batch of buckwheat pancakes for the kids. They ate them every morning last week, here is the mix that we use. I love eating acai bowls when we are in California and Hawaii, but I have never made them at home. I found this recipe and think that I will give it a try. Rhubarb and strawberries are plentiful right now, so I think that they deserve to be made into a dessert! Don’t forget to print Dinner List 16